Once you have your Credit Union free Checking Account, you are eligible to apply for a VISA® Debit Card. Use your VISA® Debit Card wherever VISA® is accepted and the purchase is deducted directly from your Checking Account.
- Automatic enrollment in the EdFed Rewards program — earn 1 point for every $2 spent when you sign for purchases
- Access to your Savings and Checking accounts from an ATM
- Surcharge-free withdrawals at nearly 30,000 Presto! and CO-OP Network ATMs
- Smart-chip technology for added security
- Real-time fraud monitoring to alert you to unusual activity 24/7, 365 days a year
- Visa's Zero Liability Policy means you are not responsible for fraudulent purchases made with your card
- Visa's Account Updater service
- Before you travel, inform the Credit Union to make sure your purchases will be approved.
- Be aware that VISA® does charge a VISA® International Foreign Currency Conversion Service Fee for processing international transactions.
- Memorize your VISA® card PIN to obtain cash easily.
- Keep your VISA® card number and the lost/stolen customer service contact number in a safe place.
- If any problems arise pertaining to your VISA® card, contact the Credit Union. You may also contact VISA® Global Customer Care Services (locate the toll-free number appropriate for the country in which you are traveling).