Mobile Deposit FAQ
The answers to the following questions are displayed underneath each question. Click on the questions to open/close the answers.
Mobile Deposit is a convenient, secure and free service offered by EdFed (EdFed) that allows you to use your smart phone to take digital images of your checks and deposit them into your account remotely from any location. Mobile Deposit is an enhancement to our existing Mobile Banking App.
Using the EdFed Mobile App on your smart phone, select the Mobile Deposit option from the main menu. Tap on "Make Deposit", select your checking account and enter the check amount. Take a picture of the front and back of your endorsed check. You'll receive an email confirmation as well as a confirmation on the screen.
This product works with all Apple and Android devices.
EdFed offers this product to our members for free. However, there may be wireless carrier fees from your provider.
To use this service, members must meet the requirements below:
Download the EdFed Mobile App* to your smart phone and log in to your account with your current user name and password. Then, select the "Mobile Deposit" option from the main menu.
If you are already a Mobile Banking user and do not see the Mobile Deposit option from the main menu, please ensure you have the most recent version of our Mobile Banking App installed on your device.
*The EdFed mobile app is available for both Apple and Android smart phones/tablets and can be downloaded through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Yes, all checks must be endorsed on the back by all payees.
The maximum deposit permitted on any given day is $3,000 with a maximum monthly deposit limit of $15,000.
You can deposit up to seven checks per day as long as the daily/monthly deposit limit has not been reached.
Checks deposited using Mobile Deposit will be made available as stated in our Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions under the heading "Mobile Deposit Funds Availability Policy". However, funds may not be made available to you for longer periods of time under certain circumstances. Deposits are subject to limits, verification and other restrictions.
Keep the paper check for 60 days after it is deposited. Once the deposit shows as complete on your account history, we recommend you write "mobile deposit" on the front of the check to alert yourself that you have already deposited the check.
- Checks payable to any person(s) other than the primary or joint owner of the account
- Savings Bonds
- Checks not payable in U.S. currency
- Checks containing an alteration, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn
- Checks that have previously been submitted through Mobile Deposit or through a remote deposit capture service offered at any other financial institution
- Checks that are incomplete, post-dated or stale-dated, made payable to a third party, or stamped with a "non-negotiable" watermark
- Checks previously converted to a substitute check, as defined by federal regulation
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States
- Checks that are remotely created checks, as defined by federal regulation
- Checks or items prohibited by the Credit Union's current procedures relating to the Services or which are otherwise not acceptable under the terms of your Credit Union account
- Checks that are in violation of any federal or state law, rule, or regulation
You can call the Member Contact Center and a representative will be happy to assist you.
You may also tap on the information symbol (the "i" inside a circle) on the bottom right of the Mobile Banking App's main menu, to submit your request/question via email. For your protection, NEVER send personal account information, balances or password information. To send a secure message, login to Online Banking and click on the link for the Message Center at the top right of the page.
All EdFed online products are secure. Your check images are only stored on your phone until you complete your deposit. EdFed recommends that you always password protect your mobile device and not share your password with anyone.
You may only make deposits to your checking account at this time.
You must have the iOS App version 5.0 or higher or an Android phone operating on Google's Android operating system version 2.1 or higher. Please ensure you have the most recent version of our Mobile Banking App installed on your device.